My Buddies

My Buddies
Hanging out at Forest Park with Heather & Christina

Saturday, July 2, 2011

 The picture of pink azaleas was taken today by Jessica from the Missouri Botanical Gardens.

This week has been spent relaxing and soaking up St. Louis culture...which included a trip to the Anheuser Busch Brewery where Rich and I were able to sip beer directly from the original keg before the bottling process.  Wow, that was yummy!  Today, I braved the hot weather to spend time with Jessica at the Botanical Gardens and St Louis Science Center.  On Friday, I spent the morning at Barnes Jewish for my pre-op check up, pre-admissions and PET scan.  The PET -CT scan was a learning experience.  During the test, my bladder had to be empty, so Foley was placed (oh,  so much fun) for the duration of the test.  Yeeps! Plus, I was officially 'radioactive' for 20 mins with the injection of radioactive isotopes which would basically light up my cancer like a light bulb.  According to the radiologist, this test would be able to sense any lymph node or organ involvement head-to-toe. 
If any news floats along between now and my surgery date, I will be sure to let you know.
Thanks for all your support!  I melt and get emotional just thinking about how fortunate I am for having wonderful support, prayers, and positive thoughts from my friends and loved ones.  Several buddies have already offered and plan to visit me here in St. Louis as I recover.  As much as I hate to inconvenience others', many of my best buddies have graciously offered their help.  Christina and Heather room mates from my OT school days already planned a visit and many offers to help with Jessica.  Thanks is just not a big enough word to say what I mean from the heart.
Love,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment