My Buddies

My Buddies
Hanging out at Forest Park with Heather & Christina

Sunday, July 17, 2011

POD (post-op day) #6

My days have been revolving around my pee-pee procedure - measure, clean,cath, measure again, etc. This part is the most bothersome part of my recovery since I have to cath every time I pee, including once in the middle of the night. I am happy to report this process is much easier to tolerate (still no picnic) and the measurements are showing my bladder is better able to regulate and eliminate most of the urine on it's own. Funny how I am writing about my bladder as a separate from myself. The pain is well controlled with a daily ibuprofen and frequent position changes throughout the day. Today, I finally fell as if I can stand more upright and make more natural strides when walking (vs. the shuffle gait).
I'm hoping to soon venture outside the house with a field trip today to Mc Donalds with my mom.
Thanks to my for the cards, flowers, plants and care packages!
Love,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment