My Buddies

My Buddies
Hanging out at Forest Park with Heather & Christina

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm home

Thanks for thinking of me this week. Monday started out as a complete blur and even more blurry on Tuesday, because I spent most of the day trying to sleep and briefly move out of the hospital bed. On Wednesday, the medical staff figured out why I was so groggy - too much of the morphine pump and low Hgb counts (7.7-which I knew was too low). After a blood transfusion of 2 units of blood, I perked up and became more alert and better able to move about the room by myself...later that night they sent me home with 2 important lessons: self-injection of Lovenox and the more painful self-cathing after each urine void. Yuck! I've been urinating well, so hopefully this self-cathing business will stop in a week (praying for sooner), but the earliest would be next Friday at my follow up appointment.
Today, Jessica is off with her grandpa to Disney World. So I have the day to truly rest and get stronger. Later, my mom and I will take a short walk around to work on my endurance.
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment