My Buddies

My Buddies
Hanging out at Forest Park with Heather & Christina

Monday, August 1, 2011

Trying to stay busy...Post-Op Recovery Week #4

Everyone,
Being a 'busy body' has it's pitfalls...I am having trouble staying home and keeping myself busy. Last week, I spent most of the week driving Jessica to and from camp at the St. Louis Zoo. This week I headed back to work (well, not physically - but on the computer) preparing for next semester which begins later this month.
Jessica will return back to school mid August as a 5th grader, and with Dr. Mutch's clearance I hope to return to Maryville on the 22nd. When I return, the first week will be spent sitting down, which will help me ease into the semester. To be completely honest, not too sure if I can last being home past the 22nd... with Jessica returning back to school on the 16th, not too sure what I would do each day at home. I have already organized the closets...and really you can only organize so much in the house. I feel more productive at work than at home.
My good college buddies (from San Jose State), Christina and Heather will be flying in for visit to check in on me. Hopefully, by then I will be well enough to take them wine tasting and maybe Grant's Farm (petting zoo/park owned by Anheuser Busch family).
Physiologically, I feel a pull and tug every now and then...but largely due to the combination of being inactive and the internal healing that continues to happen inside my abdomen. I still look 3 months pregnant with a pudgy belly. This 'look' will gradually decrease with improved abdominal strength.
With the recent discovery that no further chemo/radiation will be required, the next 5 years will be spent monitoring for any reoccurance of cancer and will need to focus on maintaining my health. My sister is gradually improving as well. She has occasional bouts with fatigue that she manages with rest and naps. Her final oncology report is still pending, so we are all waiting anxiously what her next stage of treatment will be.
Again, thank you for all your positive thoughts and prayers. Words cannot describe how I thankful I am to have such positive friends and family. Even though I live far, you are near to my heart... (sob, sob...)
Always,
Robyn

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine you at home either. However, it is needed for proper healing. I am glad that there is no need of radiation/chemotherapy, and that you are recovering well I came back from Brazil, since then I have been studying an average o 6 hours a day...I am planning on taking the exam end of august or maybe beginning of September. I hope to pass, so far everyone who took the test passed; which is awesome...keeping you and your sister in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete